Written by Jaime Lynne
Pop Smoke fans literally wanted all the smoke behind his posthumous album cover; and for good reason. Pop Smoke’s team was forced to change the cover art for his highly anticipated project “Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon” after social media kept it ‘Two Virgils’ about their disdain for the albums artwork.
The initial cover art was created by recently cancelled designer, Virgil Abloh. Virgil beamed on social media about his involvement with the design, but fans were unimpressed with the artwork calling his efforts “lazy and disrespectful to Pop Smokes legacy.”
50 Cent, a close friend and mentor to the slain Brooklyn rapper, also took to social media demanding Pop’s team change the cover art, as well.
Pop’s manager, Steven Victor, got wind of all of the social media backlash and announced that their team would in fact be changing the cover in time for the projects release date this Friday, July 3rd.
Artists and graphic designers from around the world flooded social media with artwork of their own with the hopes of being selected as the official cover art. A few cover possibilities gained notice by 50 cent and other media outlets who began posting them on IG to allow fans to choose their favorite.
Take a look below for some amazing potential cover options that are way better than Abloh’s design.
Pop Smoke’s label also released the tracklist for the new project which comes on the heels of his now Certified Gold, “Meet the Woo 2”. The album is filled with features from some of our favorite artists including Lil Baby, Roddy Ricch, and Future, to name a few.
1. Bad Bitch From Tokyo (Intro) (prod. by 808Melo)
2. Aim For the Moon [ft. Quavo] (prod. by 808Melo and WondaGurl)
3. For the Night [ft. Lil Baby & DaBaby] (prod. by CashmoneyAP and Palaze)
4. 44 Bulldog (prod. by Mobz and Mora)
5. Gangstas (prod. by Swirv & CashmoneyAP)
6. Yea Yea (prod. by HakzBeats)
7. Creature. [ft. Swae Lee] (prod. by 808Melo)
8. Snitchin [ft. Quavo & Future] (prod. by Buddah Bless & SethTheChef)
9. Make It Rain. [ft. Rowdy Rebel] (prod. by Yamaica)
10. The Woo. [ft. 50 Cent & Roddy Ricch] (prod. by 808Melo)
11. West Coast Shit. [ft. Tyga & Quavo] (prod. by DJ Mustard and Bongo)
12. Enjoy Yourself [ft. Karol G] (prod. by Palaze & Luci G)
13. Hotel Lobby (prod. by 808Melo & Jess Jackson)
14. What You Know Bout Love (prod. by Tash)
15. Something Special (prod. by Duro)
16. Diana [ft. King Combs] (prod. by SpunkBigga)
17. Got It on Me (prod. by Young Devante)
18. Tunnel Vision (Outro) (prod. by 808Melo, Nagra & Carson Hackney)
19. Dior (Bonus) (prod. by 808Melo)